Baccarat is a card game in which people seated at the table are dealt cards. The cards are scored and a winner is declared based on the score of the cards.
The scoring in baccarat is simple. Each card is given a value. Aces are 1 point. Two-nine in any suit equals its value. Ten, Jack, Queen, and King are worth 0 points. Jokers are removed from the deck for play. Your hand is totaled and then you are scored based on the rightmost digit in the sum of your cards.
- You have a 2 of hearts and a 4 of spades. You total the cards and get 6. 6 is the rightmost value in the total. Your hand value is 6.
- You have a 7 of clubs and a 5 of diamonds. You total the cards and get 12. 2 if the rightmost value in the total. Your hand value is 2.
6-8 decks are shuffled together into a shoe. Cards are dealt from the shoe. A marker card is placed in front of the last seven cards in the shoe. When the marker card is dealt it indicates the last hand is about to be dealt.
Two cards are dealt to each player, including the banker or house.
Play and Drawing Rules
If either the player or the bank earns a hand score of 8 or 9, the round finishes. If neither hand has eight or nine, drawing rules apply.
- If Player has a total of 0-5, he draws a third card. If a player has a total of 6 or 7, he stands.
- If Player stands, the banker regards only his own hand and acts according to the same rules as player. See rule 1.
- If Player drew a third card, the banker acts according to the following summary:
- If the banker total is 2 or less, then the banker draws a card, regardless of what the player’s third card is.
- If the banker total is 3, then the bank draws a third card unless the player’s third card was an 8.
- If the banker total is 4, then the bank draws a third card if the player’s third card was 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- If the banker total is 5, then the bank draws a third card if the player’s third card was 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the banker total is 6, then the bank draws a third card if the player’s third card was a 6 or 7.
- If the banker total is 7, then the banker stands.
The dealer will announce the winning hand as either Player, Banker, or Tie.
Sahara Sands Payouts
- Bets are disallowed on the Banker
- Winning bets placed on player are paid at a 1:1
- Ties are paid at 8:1 and the initial bet remains on the table for the next hand.