Q: What can I watch or read to get ready/inspired for game?
A: That is a tough question to answer. This game will have a number of science fiction influences, however, it’s grounded in the science and technology of 1989. That list I am including will have some really outrageous items on it- but I’m pulling the human stories or survival elements from those pieces. Make sure you keep the 1989 survival genre in your mind as you read this list. This list is not comprehensive.
- Sea Dwellers, Bob Barth
- Sealab: America’s Forgotten Quest to Live and Work on the Ocean Floor, Ben Hellwarth
- Sphere, Michael Crichton
- Assorted works: HP Lovecraft
- Atlantis: Lost Empire
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Hunt for Red October
- Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
- Black Mirror
- seaQuest DSV
- Stargate: SG-1, Atlantis
- StarTrek: TOS, Enterprise, DSN
- Twilight Zone